Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why Does Green Tea Help Me Lose Weight?

One of my subscribers recently asked me why green tea aids in weight loss.

"I know it's got caffeine and all but so does red bull and coffee. If these are bad for me, then why is green tea any better?" -Kristina Tompkins

Green Tea has one component that none of those have and it is EGCG.

EGCG is an antioxidant with incredible health benefits from aiding in weight-loss to cancer prevention.

The reason EGCG helps us to lose weight is it increases thermogenesis, or heat production, by influencing enzymes in the metabolic process. This means that your metabolism speeds up resulting in increasing your ability to burn calories throughout the day. So whether you are running a marathon or typing on your computer you will burn more calories then if you had not drank any tea.

Caffeine also has a similar effect but the effect of EGCG is much stronger. So always pick green tea over coffee!

1 comment:

111ideas.com said...

Hi

I am a content writer based in India. I have been writing content for many companies.

I would like o to write blogs/content/articles for you.

Please, let me know how I can start.

I can email you the articles

I can offer my services at a lower cost, as the cost in India is low.

You will pay me only if you are satisfied with my works.

Please, free to mail me back for any query

My profile is pasted below.


Peter Wilson
Ph. 09811179964
2031-Outram Lines (3rd. Floor)
Kingsway Camp
Delhi-110009
INDIA
E-mail: 111ideas@gmail.com
]
Educational qualification:

· Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communications from the “University of Mumbai”. (2005)
· B. A. in English Literature from the "University of Delhi". (2002)

Work Experience:

· Working as a freelance content writer/copywriter/script writer for various organizations ranging from small business establishments to multinational companies.

Major clients: Liberty, Hindustan Times Mobile (24242), Lakhani, Mayur Suitings, Le Meridien, Bhilwara Power, Ayur, Raymonds, Palace on Wheels and some other domestic as well as foreign companies.

Work Profile:
- Writing copy for advertisements, brochures and leaflets
- Writing content for websites
- Writing press releases, newsletter, mailers etc.
- Writing scripts for corporate presentations

Extracurricular activities:
· Won many prizes in creative writing competition.

Language known: English, Hindi, Assamese, Sanskrit (functional), Bengali (Functional).

Personal details:
Date of birth: 1st August, 1981.